WCCU’s CheckMate card is a Debit and ATM (Automated Teller Machine) card all rolled into one! WCCU’s CheckMate can be used worldwide wherever VISA is accepted.
As a Debit Card
- CheckMate works just like a credit card, but instead of charging you interest, you’re paying for purchases with money right out of your checking account.
- WCCU’s convenient debit card is FREE and reduces your need to carry cash. It is faster to use than a check, cheaper than credit cards, and more convenient and secure than cash. CheckMate purchases are neatly itemized on your monthly statement.
As an ATM Card
- Withdraw or transfer money from any automated teller machine (ATM).
- Make your deposits at any ATM.
- WCCU ATM. Anytime you use your CheckMate card at a WCCU ATM, you can enjoy free access to your account. There are no surcharges and no transaction fees for deposits, withdrawals or transfers.
- OTHER SHAZAM ATMS. If you use a Shazam ATM other than WCCU’s (found mainly in Wisconsin), there are no fees for deposits and just a $0.25 fee for each withdrawal or transfer.
- NON-SHAZAM ATMS. If you use any other ATM, there is a $1.00 fee for withdrawals and transfers.
- SURCHARGES. In addition to the charges above, many financial institutions will charge you to use their ATM. This fee is referred to as a surcharge. Before you use any ATM, please be sure to see if there is a surcharge. If there is a surcharge, it is to be clearly posted on the machine. Most of these institutions may charge anywhere from $1.00 to $5.00 to use their machine.
There are also many machines (many are owned by credit unions) that do not have any surcharge.
Get the Shazam Bolts App today! SHAZAM BOLT$ Details